Last year I made a very good book decision: I read (AND LOVED) The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski. (That book was LIFE!) In honor of one of my all-time favorite series, I am dedicating this post to what my ‘Winner’s Curse’ is.
The ‘Winner’s Curse’ is an economics term that means you’ve gotten what you wanted – but at too high a price.
What would you pay too much for?
On a serious note:
I spent a lot of time thinking about this question, and my mind kept coming back to one word: Tolerance. I think that this is something that I would be willing to pay too much for. I’d love to live in a world where more people exhibited tolerance, awareness, and understanding, despite their differences. Whether it be religious, or fundamental differences, I think it’s important to exercise tolerance. I’d love to be able to log into my social media feeds, and not have to witness ignorance and prejudice. Instead, I wish I could see more acts of tolerance and acceptance. Gay or straight, Christian or Atheist, Republican or Democrat– we can all coexist in a world where we tolerate and embrace our differences, and move toward a more peaceful future. That would be something I’d financially stand behind. In the end, we are all human beings who share the same planet, right? (Can I get a Kumbaya?)
On a more light-hearted note:
Earlier this week, I sat down and made a list of things I wish to do before I turned 35 (in 3 years):
- Go to Comic-Con San Diego
- Visit Scotland (and look for Jamie Fraser…or at the very least, go on an Outlander Tour)
- Meet Diana Gabaldon (cause, YAAS)
- Go to Portugal, the land of my people (Well, technically, my Motherland is Brazil, but it’s my EUROPEAN people!)
- Travel to Australia (Primarily to visit AJ, but also to see all the things!)
In the process of researching how I’d be able to make each of these things possible, I realized that I’d ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY. But to be able to achieve all the things on my list would be utterly priceless.
Time to save and splurge! ;-)
So remember how I said I loved The Winner’s Curse? Well, now you have a chance to win the second book in the series, The Winner’s Crime (out March 3rd)! All you have to do is leave a comment letting answering: “What would you pay too much for?” (And don’t forget to log your entry in the rafflecopter below!)
Also, check out what the other blogs on this tour by clicking —>here<—
Latest posts by Stephanie (see all)
- BERKLEY BOOKMAS 2017: The Wedding Date Excerpt + GIVEAWAY! - December 6, 2017
- Steph’s Review: Royally Endowed (Royally, #3) by Emma Chase - August 16, 2017
- Blog Tour + GIVEAWAY: Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri - April 26, 2017