Who are our Guest Reviewers?
We are so incredibly thrilled to have such a great team of guest reviewers here at No BS Book Reviews!
Check out their pics/bios below, and get to know each of these awesome ladies. Even though we all come from different states, countries, and backgrounds, we are all united in our love for reading!
Quote Whore. Globe Trotter. Tim Tam Supplier.
- Reading is my passion. I have fairly broad reading tastes, and love pretty much anything with romance in it – contemporary, young adult, new adult, paranormal, urban fantasy, dystopia. But stupid behaviour by either main character will absolutely kill a book for me.
- I am an obsessive reader – to the point where I feel completely out of sorts if I go more a day without a book or my kindle in my hand.
- I have two amazing kids who are constantly telling me that I have too many books (they’re only seven – yes, twins).
- I am an Aussie – born and bred – and am thankful every day for the internet which allows me to be in pretty much constant contact with my overseas book-obsessed buddies.
- I have a flat alter-ego (see pic above) who has a more interesting social life than I do (see comments about children and obsessive reading above).
Who is Bel B?
Big eater. Big reader. Obsessed with Harry Potter.
- Always finishes books in one day, maybe two.
- Loves to travel, but hates airplanes.
- Suprisingly small, considering eats a lot.
- Enjoys playing volleyball.
- Notoriously talkative.
Who is Hannah?
Medieval Armored Combat Athlete. Tattoo nerd. Wannabe Urban Farmer.
- I love to read (and write) YA fiction and fantasy. Reading has always been my source of comfort, and I don’t think that will ever change.
- I was homeschooled until I was 16.
- I am super awkward around authors/famous people. My mouth runs away and becomes the aforementioned homeschooler.
- My not-so-hidden-talent is making up nicknames for the family pets. I also give nicknames to my husband, who isn’t as thrilled by my talent.
- I compete in the Scottish Highland Games (yep, I throw a caber and wear a kilt!), and Medieval Armored Combat. I never played traditional sports as a kid, (homeschooled, remember?), so I found my athleticism late in life.
- Han Solo was my first love.
- I have a condition known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and I’m very passionate about helping other women with PCOS find their own voice.
Who is Jenny?
Bibliomaniac. Stout Aficionado. Supertaster. Occasional Ninja Turtle.
- I am a lover and supporter of guilty pleasures. Don’t knock the little things in life.
- I created Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream (formerly Primary Berry Graham). They paid me in coupons.
- I am a hardcore avocado groupie. I could eat them every day and my love would never diminish.
- I used to be a store manager for Starbucks and now I teach water aerobics. I still treat Starbucks like a second home.
- I frequently dress up as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle with my daughter and venture throughout the neighborhood in search of Shredder. It’s very serious business.
- My husband says I swear more than a sailor. I may or may not have been told the same thing by an actual sailor.
Who is Juliet?
Dog lover. Horror connoisseur. Incurable bibliophile. Daydream believer
- I love a good laugh. Laughter is the best part of life.
- I studied Political Science and History at UMBC
- Most of my favorite books are “classic literature” but I love anything suspenseful or adventurous.
- I lived in Georgia, just outside of Atlanta for two and a half years, but I am and always will be a Washingtonian.
- I keep every book I read because to me, a finished book is a trophy.
Who is Portia?
Pop culture enthusiast. Book hoarder. Horror Lover.
- I am a mom to 2 boys, ages 6 and 3. My husband’s name is Kenny. They all drive me completely nuts. But they are my world! My husband is handling my book hoarding and obsessive reading like a champ.
- I am a full time student, working on my bachelor degree in communications. I graduate in spring 2016! I want to work in Public Relations, or become a book editor or publicist. Basically anything in the book world.
- I am obsessed with too many TV shows to count. And movies. Okay, and music. All of it. I love going to the movies as much as I love going to a concert. I love going to bookstores (assuming I’m not broke, but I will be by the time I leave.)
- I am also obsessed with theme parks. Living in Florida is perfect for this obsession, with Orlando being only two hours away. I can fulfill my adrenaline junkie needs easily.
- I asked my husband how he would describe me in a few short statements. He said “Stubborn. Ambitious. Brutally honest.” Well. There’s that. Thanks, babe!
Who is Katarina?
Cat aficionado. Avid explorer. Lazy lumpet.
- I was born and raised in Texas, but I’m half-Greek, half-Indian.
- I drink tea far more than is good for me. Sugar and milk, please!
- Mostly interested in both adult and YA fantasy and science fiction, but I’m always open to something new!
- I stalk my cat around my apartment with a camera. A lot.
- Tamora Pierce is my childhood bae
Who is Teisha?
Tar Heel. Feminist. Olivia Pope Wannabe. Devourer of Words.
- I have a B.A. in English Literature and Communications Studies from UNC.
- Friday Night Lights is my favorite TV show ever. (No one understands Tim Riggins like I do.)
- I spend a lot of time on the internet staring at pretty couture dresses that I can’t afford.
- My favorite authors are Sarah J. Maas, Colleen Hoover, Jodi Picoult, Cassandra Clare, and Marie Rutkoski.
- I’m probably going to name my children after my favorite literary characters.
Who is Tiffani?
Coffee Junkie. Book Hoarder. Lover of Boxed Wines. Queen of Sass.
- I tried out for Jeopardy.I had the call back and EVERYTHING. I’m still waiting on that call to ACTUALLY be ON Jeopardy. So I can decimate the other contestants.
- I love really bad movies. Like TERRIBAD movies. Catwoman? LOVE IT. Pink Flamingos? Favorite movie.
- My huz-b has barred me from going to the library. Something about forgetting to return books. OR something. Whatever. Don’t judge me. NO REGRETS.
- Please don’t ask me any hard questions that make me think BEFORE I’ve had coffee. This makes me very stabby. Coffee is my lifeblood. Coffee makes me PEOPLE.
- I’m the Mother who wore combat boots. I’m a former Army soldier. My best friend thinks I can kill people in 50 ways using a ballpoint pen. I cannot.
- I am obsessed with Star Wars. Legit obsessed.
Who is Eve?
Sweet Treat Maker. Proud Book-aholic. Functioning Insanity. TV/Movie binge watcher.
- I bake AMAZING goodies!
- I fell in love with reading again after school due to a TV show and fanfic.
- I was super shy when I started out but have grown much more social and open since getting involved in the book world.
- I have managed to meet some of my fav authors and while fan girling on the inside I was about to keep semi-calm and not act like a crazy person.
- I get so invested sometimes when reading, especially when someone makes me mad, that I forget it’s not real.
- I seriously consider unfriending people who tell me I should stop buying books.
- I’m deathly afraid of chickens and geese or other feathered creatures.
Latest posts by Stephanie (see all)
- Steph’s Review: Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren - September 8, 2018
- ON DUBLIN STREET by Samantha Young: COVER RE-REVEAL + BRADEN CARMICHAEL POV CHAPTER + GIVEAWAY! - September 7, 2018
- Top 3 Reasons To Read INTERCEPTED by Alexa Martin (Including a GIVEAWAY + author Q&A) - August 29, 2018