I was tagged a while back and I’m so glad I got around to doing this tag! Lots of fun for sure! I think I had the mos fun getting the gifs, lol. (Spoiler alert: I cried getting the gif for #5)
1. The Little Mermaid – a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”
Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. She goes from struggling to support her family in their woodland hut, to getting held prisoner in the Fae lands. She’s a mortal among the fae, and is waaay out of her element, but she perseveres. (Plus, all the menssss)
2. Cinderella – a character who goes through a major transformation
Dani from the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. Not to get into hardcore specifics (cause I know there are like…3 of you out there who haven’t read this series/book yet), but Dani went through a pretty MAJOR transformation. She went from the annoying 14-year-old in Iced, to…not. I actually found myself missing the ‘old’ Dani by the time I got around to reading Burned. So far, the transformation is…good? I hope to see more of her in the next book!
3. Snow White – a book with an eclectic cast of characters
The cast from the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. More specifically, Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. There are so many things happening in this book, and each character brings a little something to the table. Even though this book made me aggravated (*cough*ANGST*cough*), I still have a lot of love for it. We meet a lot of characters for the first time in this book, but most are characters we’ve seen grow throughout the prior 3 books. My faves from this book: JAMIE (duh), Fergus, & Young Ian.
4. Sleeping Beauty – a book that put you to sleep
5. The Lion King – a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood
(OMG, I just teared up when I put this gif in here…)
I had 2 answers for this, and I couldn’t choose which ones to go with. So…I do what I want, therefore I’ll give you both:
My favorite sadist BAE: Søren from The Original Sinners series by Tiffany Reisz. Think of every single horrible thing that could possibly happen to a child–now apply that to Søren. Death, abuse, trauma… *sobs*
6. Beauty and the Beast – A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful
The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. At almost 1,500 pages, this book contained the longest day ever in literature! (The one day lasted HUNDREDS of pages, lol.) That’s like five 300-page books in one! Though this book was extremely intimidating, but it was all worth it by the end.
7. Aladdin – a character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse
Finch & Violet from All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
I’m not going into detail, but just know that despite reading this almost a year ago, I’m still not okay. But, I’m so glad they were able to find all the bright places…
8. Mulan – a character who pretends to be someone or something they are not
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. (This applies throughout most of the other books in the series too.) Aliens among us! Yaaaas Daemon! <3
9. Toy Story – a book with characters you wish would come to life
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. This could honestly apply to any of her books, really. But hello…ROWAN. I want Rowan in my life. I want Aedion in my life. I want Chaol in my life. I want Dorian in my bed…er, life. (And yes, I want to add to the ranks of my girl squad, so Aelin, Lysandra, and Manon too!!)
10. Disney Descendants – your favorite villain or morally ambiguous character
Black Jack Randall from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I know, I know. I love Jamie, so how can I love BJR, right? Well, he is an excellent villain. Secretly I love how devious and dark he is. He gives zero f*cks. He’s my (very dark) spirit animal. I love him so much, I named my car after him.
This was loads of fun!
I AM NOW TAGGING:
Kelly at Belle of the Literati
Liza at Reading With ABC
2 N Jenn at BookShelfery
Kayla at My Book Muse
The ladies at Black Heart Reviews
Latest posts by Stephanie (see all)
- Blog Tour + GIVEAWAY: Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri - April 26, 2017
- Getting Gif-y With It (+ GIVEAWAY): TILL DEATH by Jennifer L. Armentrout - February 27, 2017
- Steph’s Review: Royally Matched (Royally #2) by Emma Chase - February 23, 2017