Published by HarperTeen
Published on September 22nd 2015
Genres: Paranormal, Science Fiction, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon--Buy on B&N
Add to Goodreads
Odea Donahue has been able to travel through people’s dreams since she was six years old. Her mother taught her the three rules of walking: Never interfere. Never be seen. Never walk the same person’s dream more than once. Dea has never questioned her mother, not about the rules, not about the clocks or the mirrors, not about moving from place to place to be one step ahead of the unseen monsters that Dea’s mother is certain are right behind them.
Then a mysterious new boy, Connor, comes to town and Dea finally starts to feel normal. As Connor breaks down the walls that she’s had up for so long, he gets closer to learning her secret. For the first time she wonders if that’s so bad. But when Dea breaks the rules, the boundary between worlds begins to deteriorate. How can she know what’s real and what’s not?
Today we’re all about DREAMLAND by Robert L. Anderson! Check out the details of his debut YA novel (above), the author’s guest post (below), AND ENTER THE GIVEAWAY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A COPY!
In your book DREAMLAND, there are 3 rules of ‘Walking’. What are 3 rules you’d recommend for aspiring writers?
1) READ ALL THE TIME! You can read blog posts or comic books or novellas or epic novels or articles or old diaries, just READ. Read at your own pace, too. I used to think being a slow reader meant I was stupid or something, but that’s not true. I know it means I’m also reading thoughtfully and actually appreciating the time the author spent with crafting a certain sentence or painting an impressive visual–WITH WORDS.
2) WRITE ALL THE TIME! Writing is a muscle that only gets stronger by writing frequently. You don’t have to write every day or set a daily word count. Find out what works for you and appreciate how cool it is that there isn’t one right way to write. How you write one book doesn’t have to be the same for the dozens of books you write afterwards.
3) DREAM ALL THE TIME! Publishing a book is a dream many of us have but only a fraction succeed because this business can be brutal and exhausting, but the trek to publication makes the achievement sweeter. Please don’t let the dream die because of rejections.
Follow the Tour:
9/23 – Stuck In Books: Top 10
9/25 – Paperback Princess: Top 10
Latest posts by Stephanie (see all)
- Blog Tour + GIVEAWAY: Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri - April 26, 2017
- Getting Gif-y With It (+ GIVEAWAY): TILL DEATH by Jennifer L. Armentrout - February 27, 2017
- Steph’s Review: Royally Matched (Royally #2) by Emma Chase - February 23, 2017